Position – Summary Sr. Development Director
Posted: April, 2021
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: New York, NY
myFace is seeking an energetic and passionate fundraiser to drive revenue and help build brand awareness. The ideal candidate is a strategic thought leader that is authentic, inclusive, and excited to align with a purpose-driven organization.
The Sr. Development Director will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive revenue development program. He or she should have a keen understanding of moves management and the natural ability to build relationships in a meaningful way. The Sr. Development Director should be able to approach his or her work with vision, leadership, and fundraising skills while maintaining a bold, and collaborative approach. He or she should work seamlessly with the Sr. Program Director to collaborate around corporate and foundation partnership opportunities, alignment, and outcomes attainment across all areas of mission delivery.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Leadership: Provide oversight and strategy that will engage and expand the donor base and increase income and awareness to achieve $1.5M+.
- Evaluate and advise on fundraising strategies aimed at stimulating and sustaining donor growth including foundation and corporate support.
- Develop processes and internal best practices that will improve the overall capacity for reaching major donors, corporations, and foundations.
- Assist in developing revenue forecasts by generating and analyzing regular activity reports and sharing results and findings with Board, Executive Director, and other myFace staff.
- Establish performance metrics and indicators to measure success in development and marketing initiatives.
- Monitor progress and evaluate fundraising performance and results against budget, report on progress as well as any variances.
- Partner with the Executive Director to provide leadership in the annual and strategic fundraising planning and implementation process.
- Manage and provide leadership, support, and direction to Director, Campaign Development.
Major Gifts: Build and maintain meaningful relationships with a dynamic portfolio of current donors and potential donors ensuring they are experiencing world-class service, support, and follow-up resulting in major and planned gifts and advanced annual appeal gifts.
- Analyze current donor base and develop strategies to engage individuals in new ways and increase funder participation and interest in the work of myFace.
- Partner with Board members and other stakeholders to identify and cultivate current and prospective donors.
- Meticulously track donor information in CRM, individualizing the detail and ensuring personalized communication and timely outreach.
Corporate & Foundation Development: Maintain a robust pipeline of corporate and foundation support that will lead to the solicitation of funds and the generation of new revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate the identification and solicitation of potential donors through meeting with the Executive Director, Director, Campaign Development, and others throughout myFace and its stakeholders.
- In concert with the Sr. Program Director, prepare pitches, proposals, grant applications and progress reports.
- Partner with board members to identify, cultivate, and steward current and prospective donors.
Marketing & Communications: Develop and implement a fully integrated marketing program focused on offline and on-line giving nationwide across all myFace initiatives.
- Create and implement a national brand awareness program to improve myFace’s recognition in all aspects of the organization.
- Evaluate and implement cost-effective branding and communications strategies to produce quality materials that maximize myFace’s return on investment.
- Work with Executive Director and Director, Campaign Development to identify and implement strategies to maximize results of annual appeals and fundraising campaign activities.
Qualifications for Consideration:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and/or CFRE preferred.
- Minimum 10 years successful development and marketing in a non-profit setting.
- Minimum 5 years senior management and leadership roles in development and marketing positions.
- Proven fundraising record plus ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
- 5+ years management experience with a proven track record of building and mentoring teams.
- Non-profit leadership and experience in working successfully with board members, C-level executives, and other high-level stakeholders.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM database.
Soft Skills and Culture Fit Requirements:
- Proven track record of securing and maintaining six figure donations.
- Excellent relationship building and solicitation skills with a keen interest and ability for networking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy, and authority.
- Attention to detail and follow-through are essential.
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity, judgment, commitment, and perseverance.
- Discerning listener with excellent attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
myFace is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Excellent benefits; salary $130K and is commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.