Communications Manager – Position Summary
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: New York, NY
myFace is seeking a curious, thoughtful, and socially minded Communications Manager to bring a clear vision, an authentic voice, and a passion for expanding brand recognition, constituent engagement, and increased revenue. This person is rigorous about maintaining brand consistency and understands a broad range of communications and marketing strategies and tactics.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager plays a critical role in helping to drive revenue for the organization. They are responsible for developing strategy through researching trends and supporting the communications and marketing needs across the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Leadership: Lead and expand an integrated and comprehensive communications plan that aligns with campaign development and program & services to broaden the reach and deepen connections to the mission.
- Communications: Provide big-picture thinking in order to determine communication and marketing opportunities, and apply current trends and data to help grow brand awareness and overall reach.
- Manage the communication plan to ensure seamless and timely execution of myFace’s email marketing program, newsletters, and communications expertly using Pardot.
- Oversee the management of all digital properties ensuring current and accurate information on myFace.org, as well as organizing and uploading content using the current CMS tool (WordPress).
- Develop marketing collateral, presentations, and proposals to support myFace target audiences using marketing resources such as reports/data, PPTs, photographs, videos, etc.
- Create and track social media content and monitor outcomes to adjust or drive strategy.
Fundraising Technology: Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies across all platforms to support fundraising campaigns, increase ease of use for end-users, grow user satisfaction, constituent retention, or any element that positively influences organizational results.
- Responsible for managing CRM data environment, performing data synchronizations, and suggesting process improvements.
- Provide technical support to end-users of the CRM database, online donation processing applications, and peer-to-peer fundraising software.
- Manage product releases from QA to production. Assess impact and risk and proactively communicate to relevant parties any potential issues.
- Trouble-shoot problems that arise from upgrades.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Associate degree required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years related experience.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a remote and virtual environment.
- Must have proven experience with SalesForce NPSP CRM and Pardot Email marketing or equivalent systems.
- General knowledge and understanding of database design, data modeling principles, system integration, SQL querying, and report design across various platforms.
- Ability to understand concepts related to design and implementation of new database objects, fields, relationships, workflows, etc. to meet business objectives most efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated experience with On-line fundraising tools (e.g., One Cause, Click & Pledge, etc.)
- Basic understanding of SEM and SEO tools and analytics (Google Analytics)
- Proficient in the use of social media, e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Proficient MS Office Skills. PPT, Word and Excel software
- Ability to work across system platforms.
Soft Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong not-for-profit industry knowledge and ability to understand/anticipate trends and make recommendations on new technology that should be implemented to improve the performance of fundraising campaigns.
- Negotiation, strong relationship building, proactive management skills in relation to all vendors. Ability to anticipate issues and ask the right questions to mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Positive and self-motivated with attention to detail and strong follow-through.
myFace is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Excellent benefits; salary $75K, but commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.